The following are current news about the
Older news ...
Release focus: a couple of minor improvements in
and bug-fixes in external software.
- External software updates:
- root 5.34.07 → 5.34.09
- apr 1.4.6 → 1.4.8
- activemq-cpp 3.7.0 → 3.7.1
- IP address resultuion helper Net1::SNetResolver.
- In XrdMonSucker try really hard to resolve clients with numeric IPs
(needed as more and more servers are getting configured to not do the reverse
After a long silence, a new release is available -- but the development has not
stopped in the meantime!
- Use FTGL for text rendering.
- Cleanup usage of various vector / matrix classes - use
implementation wherever possible.
- Improve & optimize Ray emission from ZQueens and handling on views in
GUI implementation of the Eye.
- Eyes are now connected using UNIX sockets.
- New glass Tmp1::TabletReader for reading of strokes from Wacom tablets,
showing them as beads, as WSSeeds or as 3D tube-like GTS surfaces.
- Proper per-thread signal handling in GThread.
- Support "detach on exit" flag in GThread.
- Support cross-thread requests into TRint thread, see TRootXTReq.
- Generalize iso-surface making in GledGTS.
- Improve GTS surface coarsening, also work around bugs in GTS itself, see GTSBoolOpHelper.
- Use GSL for ODE integration.
- New libset XrdMon for collecting and processing of XRootd monitoring data.
- GTime is now fully portable, streamable and can format itself in many ways.
- In Numerica add support for calculation of associated Legendre polynoms using
- Generate planets from spheres using associated Legendre polynomials.
- Basic implementation of hierarhically subdivided mesh - HTriMesh.
- Switch from fltk-1.1 to 1.3.
- New class ZLog for advanced logging into text files.
- Support OSX-10.7.
- Most work went into development and improvements of XrdMon libset.
- Improved thread handling -- allow for a stack of cleanup functions.
- New classes for message passing and queuing, GQueue and GQueueSet.
- New libset Net1.
- Classes for acquring, processing, archiving (to ROOT TTrees) and
passing-on-via-TCP of UDP packets.
- Support running of gled/saturn without a server socket.
- Add options for redirection of standard output and error streams and of
Gled log stream.
- Support running of saturn as a daemon, support pidfile option.
- Add thread-safe, zero overhead internal clock with precision of one
second to GTime (useful for logs etc).
- Minor improvements of XrdMon libset.
- Support for building of "all inclusive" RPMs for gled-xrdmon.
- Preliminary version of system config / startup functions. There is also
a more generick, multi-instance set of init.d scripts in production at UCSD.
Version 1.3.0 is available for download
The main motivation for this release is semi-public announcement
project. Most of the development over the last few years was
devoted to prepartion of basic elements for Greed-world prototype
- New high-level build environment for building of external
- Migration to SVN.
- Build system:
- Added support for 64-bit compilation.
- Added support for precompiled headers.
- Proper install and blob_install targets.
- Beautified output, control output level via GLED_ECHO_CMDS and
GLED_QUIET environment variables.
Improved transparency of thread handling. Additional threads
parameters are 'nice' value and name.
Complete rewrite of internal represesentation of container classes
to support different internal tags for contained lenses (as lens
pointers, as ints, or as strings). This allowed optimal
implementation of new containers glasses
The main issue here was to allow all this to work correctly from
Eyes and within the GUI.
GUI and OpenGL. Now they can be used in independent threads to: a)
observe selected objects and to traverse selected object-graphs;
b) send MIRs back into the
Add time support to
Eventor class - can feed on
system time or use internal time-step.
Add overlay and overlay event-hadnling support. This allows for
construction of GL-GUI elements, like buttons, pagers etc.
Support global scaling of color brightness, point-sizes and
Introduce usage of frame-buffer objects (used for screen capture).
Use GLEW - The OpenGL Extension Wrangler Library.
New operator class
TimeMaker that applies various
Eventor's internal time and possibly
delivers it to registered clients (that must implement the
Improved implementation and functionality of weaver-symbol
classes: connect arbitrary nodes, texture animation, some
Many improvements to triangle-mesh class
ODECrawler - add support for external storage of
chunked integration results.
Var1 - it contains classes for Greed-world
simulations of planetoids and solar-systems.
OPCODE library is used for collision detection.